Monday, 22 August 2011

Painting and Drawing Studies

These were studies I did from around 2008 while learning at Ma's Hippo Studio. I primarily worked with coloured pencil and pastel, then after a few years, finally worked my way up to oils. I used to dread going to drawing class every saturday ahha, but I really did learn a lot there and this was really the point when my art went from cartoon doodles to structured pieces. All of these were done from references of paintings or pictures from magazines.

Study of a Sleeping Child (referenced from an ad)
Coloured Pencil

(That was the first coloured portrait my teacher let me do and I was so proud of it I went around showing everyone...then I dropped my sketchbook in a puddle...that's why the paper is all wrinkly. I learned my lesson that day) 

Oil Painting Study (referenced from painting)
Oil Paint
2008  

Oil Painting Study (referenced from painting) 
Oil Paint
2008  

Oil Painting Study (referenced from painting) 
Oil Paint
2008  

No comments:

Post a Comment